Sunday 26 February 2017

Grandpa

Ok 

Blogger seems to be working better. Yay! In these photos my grandfather Richard (Dick) Kenderdine. I would estimate they are taken in the 1940s or 1950s but I am not sure. They are taken at his farm north of Waseca/Maidstone Saskatchewan. He was a gentleman rancher. He was an accomplished horseman. He had a very good and dry sense of humour and was very knowledgable on many topics. He always had an entertaining story to tell. I was told once he wanted to be a banker but as the only son he stayed on the homestead farm. His father was Gus Kenderdine. His son was Richard Gordon Kenderdine my dad. Grandpa passed away in the spring of 1984 when I was expecting my daughter Dianna. His mother was an Ormerod. He was born in England in the Blackpool area. The family moved to Canada in 1908 from what I can determine. Grandpa was born December 21, 1900. Grandpa had a Palomino horse named King for over 25 years. When I was young his pride and joy was a horse called TryMe. Grandpa would ride try me full gallop toward a fence and turn him at the last moment. He was very well trained to neck rein. The love of horses was passed on to my daughter and two of my sisters. Supplies: dies: joy craft cheery Lynn and Tim Holtz. Pattern paper Kaiser craft and simple stories. Stampin' Up! punch. Foil paper recollections. Unknown alpha dies. Recollections card stock. Unknown acetate and script paper. Dollar store burlap ribbon. Various inks. UTEE and versamark. Rub and buff and fabric paint. Tim Holtz ink and stencil. Ranger texture paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment